“Go camping and leave my email behind? No way!”
If you (or the kids) dread snapping the internet tether then there is nothing to fear with Campers Cove. Our campground now offers high-speed wireless internet access. That means that you can check email, browse the web, and instant message from your WiFi-enabled laptop or PDA. Access cards can be purchased at camp store. Connection for non-wireless laptops also available in camp store.
Campers Cove Wireless Internet Information
- Wireless Internet is available throughout the majority of the campground. LAN connections are also available in the store.
- All wireless computer equipment is not created equal and it has different performance levels for signal strength, speed, connectivity and reliability. We suggest you try to access the wireless internet from the store, prior to purchasing a Login ID access card.
- You can surf the www.camperscove.ca website at no cost without the Login ID. This will allow you to test our wireless set-up and the quality of service from your location.
- Weather conditions also play a role in the speed and reliability of the wireless service.
Initial Login Instructions:
Configure/Connect to the recommended AP.
- Double click the wireless icon in the lower right menu bar and configure or connect to the suggested name as required.
Set your Internet security settings to Medium-High or lower.
- Double click – Start Menu / Control Panel / Network and Internet Connection / Internet Options.
- Select the security tab at the top of the screen, click on Internet zone, and adjust the zone level button to Medium-High and then click OK and close the Control Panel.
- If you have a Sympatico firewall you will need to disable it. This is also sometimes necessary on computers running on Windows Vista.
Access the Internet
- Double click your Internet Browser Icon.
(Depending on your computer/firewall setup – you may get a “security certificate” error. If this occurs, you should select “continue to this website anyway”).
You should now be at the Antamedia Campers Cove login screen. This is where you type in the username and password from the card purchased at the store. After login you should minimize the window popup showing your session time and logout option, while surfing. You can maximize it to access it to log out at the end of your session.
A Note About Wireless Security:
Wireless surfing can be less secure than a direct connection to the Internet. As a general rule your connection is secure from the store tower to the Internet. There is a slight increased risk of being “hacked” with wireless transmissions between your computer and the store tower. The risk is the same for Campers cove as any other “public” access point you use. Therefore, we recommend you avoid transmitting sensitive personal information over any public access point – Campers Cove included.
Access Card Options and Prices
One Day Card – See office for pricing
Two Day Card – See office for pricing
Week Card (seven day) – See office for pricing
Campers Cove Wireless Internet is “Use at your own risk” all children 16 and under must have parental consent to purchase a Campers Cove Internet Card.
"Thank you for a wonderful vacation. We wish you both much success in the future. We will definitely recommend this campground to all our friends and family. We will see you next year."
"We had a fantastic time. Everyone was very friendly. The shower facilities were exceptionally clean and the campground was quiet and peaceful. Thank-you for everything."
"Great place. Great beach. Great people."
"I wanted you both to know how much I enjoyed the Memorial Day Weekend. The ice cream social was very enjoyable and everyone had a good time. We met a lot of new friends. You have worked hard this year on the campground. Keep up the good work. It's appreciated."
"I just wanted to email you to tell you how much I enjoy your campground! I normally come every year with my family. I really enjoy all of your activities. Also the fireworks that you did on the beach and the talent show that same day were great fun!"
"My family and I stayed at Campers Cove Campground July 27-29 and we wanted to let you know what a wonderful time we had. Your campground is so beautiful, it reminded me of my childhood when campgrounds were filled with trees and the lots were shady and clean as well as very spacious. And the smells and sounds of camping filling the air really took me back. Thank you!"